Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Knitting

Hello hello!

Is it windy in your neck of the woods?  Here in Southern CO, the wind is blowing like crazy!  Not a good time to bike ride, I am missing it but have a stationary bike that I can ride.

Having more time indoors makes me want to knit/crochet.   Drum roll please!!!!

TADA!!!  My very first pair of socks!


Aren't the stripes so neat?  Now I know that the toes do not match, my tension improved so much that my second sock is smaller..that's ok.  I do not think anyone will notice when they are on my feet.  Do you?  

And if that is not awesome enough, my friend Karen shared her sock pattern with me.  We had a Sock A Long via texting and phone calls. I am forever grateful to Karen for not only her friendship but for taking time out of her day to check in with me, she took pictures of her sock to share with me and answered my zillion questions so patiently.
No more row counting!  I used 2 sets of circulars.  Working with worsted weight wool is decadent.  I really do enjoy the thicker ply yarn. The pink sock worked up in 2 days.  YES!  Two days!  I was and still am in shock, I couldn't believe that I could knit a sock in 2 days.  


Watch out world!  I am on the loose and have lots of sock yarn to choose from.  Having my own yarn supply can be dangerous.  :-)

Until next time, may your feet always be warm and cozy!


No comments:

Post a Comment