Thursday, October 6, 2016

Breathtaking Mini Vacation

Hello hello!

I hope that you are all doing well and taking in the last of the warm weather.  Here in Colorful Colorado, the tree's have changed colors, daylight is shorter and the nights are colder.  We are getting ready for a snow filled winter.

However, I did manage to squeeze in a fun filled Mini Vacation.  My wonderful husband planned a nice outing.  We drove to Colorado Springs one Friday evening, woke up early Saturday morning, after a quick breakfast we were ready to go!  We decided to see what the Seven Falls were all about.

As we stepped off the shuttle van, our eyes feasted on this sweet road to paradise.  Oh my gosh!  The tree's were so beautiful.  Most of them still had leaves, the vibrant orange, red and green were a sight for sore eyes.  The roadway is not intended for folks to drive on, I believe that it is used for the shuttle vehicles and to transport materials/tools and such to the falls.


I felt like Dorothy from the Wizard of Ozz..down the road we went!  We stopped every so often to smell the fresh air and snap a few photos.


We walked down the trail to feel the water, cold but not frigid..yet!  I imagine that the Falls will be beautiful frozen.  

We would have known that we would have seen the Pillars of Hercules?  The pillars are made of pink Granite!  PINK!  Can you imagine?  


As we rounded the bend we finally reached the Falls.  Oh my gosh! THE staircase!  Well hello Sir!  Nice to meet you!


We cheated..yes we sure did!  We rode the neatest elevator that is inside the mountain up to the top...let's keep this little fact to ourselves shall we?  

Looking down really gives you an idea of how high up we were.  The restaurant looks so tiny. 

To the left was the most amazing Waterfall!  If you look closely you can see the stairway..yes folks!  We did walk all the way around the restaurant and up those teeny tiny stairs to get a better look.

The bottom of the Waterfall was superb!  Look at all of the bends, now who would have thought that water would run straight down?



 We took a few sips of water, stretched our legs and started climbing...UP UP UP...I didn't look back...I was totally freaked out..I kept putting one foot in front of the other until I took the last step to the first landing..only then did I glance back to see that John was about 20 steps behind.  I tell ya,..fear can motivate!


 It felt surreal, the water was falling into one spot then down another..around a bend and down again.

The sound as the water hit the rocks is so soothing and powerful at the same time.  


Once we reached the top, we took a small break to breathe in the fresh air and relax.  We MADE IT!  I was feeling pretty good, And then.it was time to climb back down..oh my gosh!  The view going down was a bit on the terrifying side..I am so grateful for the rails, I think I was hanging on super tight as my arms were sore the next day..now how strange is that?  

All in All it was a wonderful way to spend the day!  Back to soaping...



No comments:

Post a Comment