Monday, December 28, 2015

Thinking ahead...

Hello hello!

As I sit here making plans for next year I can't help but think of 2015.  What a year!  It started off in a flurry of excitement as I had a large Bubble Bath order, then it was time to Organize!  It seems like that is a never ending journey.  As my business is growing so is the demand for more supplies which then increases the need for more space.  My studio is constantly evolving.  It is resembling more of a warehouse and work area than an extra room.  I have found what works and what doesn't.  It has been easier as the months have gone by to get rid of items that I no longer need/use.

The mold hoarding has increased!  I know..when will I ever have enough molds?  *grin*  It really is so much fun to create new soaps/product.  As we transition from season to season and holiday to holiday I have found my enormous mold collection to be quite useful.

As I look back on my blog posts from the year, I am sad to report that I have not been out riding my bicycle in what seems like forever.  I truly miss it and must make it a daily priority.  The weather is frigid but I bet if I bundled up, one lap perhaps two wouldn't be to difficult.

The holiday rush was intense this year but for the first time since I opened up shop I felt like I was prepared.  There is always room for improvement but I think I held my own.

I hope that you all had a lovely holiday.  Sometimes the holidays can bring out the blues.  This was the first year that I just relaxed and let the get together's fall into place.  In the past I have done quite a bit of hosting, baking and cooking.  While my family still had our Annual Cookie Day-we kept it small just our little family.  We all had a good time laughing and working together.  We did manage to burn a few batches of cookies, it was a bit of a flurry but in the end it all was OK.
Our Son Cristopher is such an amazing young man! So very sweet and funny, boy can he come make us giggle.  
 My husband John got into the spirit of baking..he was in charge of the actual baking, he is so methodical and timed each batch.  Thankfully he stepped in, we may have burnt all of the cookies.
 Cristopher mixed and mixed, luckily he is a strong lad, easy peasy for him.
 Our darling Celine is a doll!  And boy is she one smart cookie!  She adds a touch of sparkle to our life.

That leads me to the NEW YEAR and the direction that I want to take my business.

Today instead of whipping up product I am working on my Etsy shop. I have decided to switch up my Shop Sections to include the newest Men's Products. I am so excited as John has decided he would like to create his own product line.  He has been working like a busy bee the last few weeks researching, testing out recipes and whipping up his own products.

John has a total of 17 Men's Fragrances!  Can you imagine?  Pine, Sage, London for Men...just to name a few.  He is also experimenting with the addition of Apricot/Poppy Seeds as well as dried Sage.  What a neat texture combined with an awesome scent and fabulous soap.
 These awesome Gentleman Soap Sets are so cute!  Or should I say "Totally cool!"
 How about Soap on a Rope?   It is all so very exciting, I can't wait to see what he comes up with next!

What are your plans for the New Year?  Anything exciting happening? Before I forget, you can order all of the new products here.

Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment