I hope that you are all doing well. Here in the studio I am slowly whipping up Valentine goodies, mainly soap. Soaping is one of my favorite products to make. I think I talk alot about soap but truth be told it is just so much fun and addictive too.
So what is on the agenda for today? These Cotton Candy Conversation Hearts are a Must Make every year. Each set consists of 5 hearts, you can break them up and gift them individually or gift the entire set.
I learned alot about myself during this one sock journey. There were real lessons to be learned..sounds silly but I learned:
1. Deep breaths! For me, I usually just do things full force.. Breathe..in and out
2. Things are not always perfect the first time. I am somewhat of a "perfectionist"..okay truth be told I am a FULL force perfectionist. My socks are nowhere near perfect, they have a few mistakes but I am dealing with it. *grin*
3. Continental Knitting is a fabulous match for this left handed person. Once I learned how to hold the yarn in my left hand instead of throwing the yarn with my right hand..the stitches worked up much faster.
4. Working in the round is nothing to be afraid of. Had to watch lots of knitting videos to understand the entire process.
5. Starting over really is not that bad..gave me more time to process what I was doing.
6. Knitting and talking do not mesh. I like to talk talk talk..knitting has been more of a quiet activity for me.
..I also learned that Chocolate really does help. *grin* I had an emergency packet of M & M's and was grateful for the sweet little treat.
You too can make your own socks. Here. Christine has a Fabulous and I mean FabULous tutorial and even published a book.
All of my soaps can be found online here or you can stop in at 511 Main St Suite # 1 in Alamosa, CO.
Talk to you soon!