Thursday, January 19, 2012

New to blog land

Hello!  I am new to blog land but thought I would give it a whirl!  Let's see....a little about me.  I am a thirty something wife, mother and extreme crafter.  I started my own business about a year ago and am working hard to make a go of it.  What do I create?  Well a little bit of everything.  I started crocheting when I was about 11 years old.  (my grandmother taught me) but I didn't really get into it until I met my mother in-law.  As I sat and watched her, I was amazed at all of the lovely items she would make.  She always gave me a hook, a ball of yarn and showed me how to do exactly what she was doing.  I was instantly hooked!  Afghans are my passion, I have crocheted over 200 of them!  Wow!  I can't believe it!  After that, I started sewing, I am an amateur and have not been shown exactly how to do things, I kinda just wing it.  Recently, I made a hand-sewing machine Elk applique for my husband (will post pics soon) This I took a class for and had the most amazing time, met a bunch of wonderful ladies and have a beautiful end project.  After I started sewing, I moved on to soap making.  It is so much fun and a bit addictive!  At first I was giving all of my goodies away until I had a friend "Order" a few of my goodies...then it really took off!  That is my enthusiasm, soo...began my business which leads me here to blogging.  I wanted a way of chatting with friends to share all of the goodies that I am making, have currently made or am thinking of making.  Please enjoy your visit here and let me know what you think.  Hugs n squishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment