Sunday, January 22, 2017

Craft Studio Make-Over

Good afternoon my friends!

January can be such a long month.  For me, it is filled with "To Do" lists that are aimed at keeping me on track for the entire year. 

Last weekend it snowed off and on, since I was home I thought I might as well make the most of my time away from the shop and give my Studio a good cleaning.  You would think that I love cleaning huh?  Actually it doesn't really bother me, I do feel so much better when things are in their rightful spot.  My little heart really does crave organization.  In owning my own business where things often change from day to day, organizing keeps me grounded.  

  Some folks can work in a state of chaos, while I have been know to do that, truthfully it does stress me out a bit. It leaves me feeling frazzled when I can not find what I am looking for.   My studio is one of my favorite places to be, I am grateful for the breathtaking scenery.  I like to sip my coffee while gazing out.  

This sweet little corner holds all of my curling ribbon, recipe binders, cardstock and some of my molds and containers.  I also store my extra knitting needles here.  Do you see the little plastic sword on top of the sewing table?  Don't tell anyone but sometimes I swish it in the air and pretend that I am in a sword fight..*grin*

 When my husband built my Craft Studio, I bet he had no idea what he was getting into!  A couple of years ago, I had him install the double sinks and counter top.  I must say..this makes my life so much easier!  All of my molds are organized by holiday and have a label on the front of each box.  With over 100 molds to choose from, I can get a bit distracted when trying to decide on what to make.

I bet you are asking yourself,  "why does she use postal boxes?"  A few years ago I placed an order online for Medium Flat Rate Boxes, little did I know that I had ordered 25 cases of boxes! I had thought I was ordering 25 boxes...can you imagine how surprised I was so see the boxes and boxes of boxes?  Can you say that three times fast?  hehe
I have been using them for years to ship out packages and have given as many as I could away.  However they are the perfect fit for my molds.  At one time I had covered some with contact paper, I would like to cover the rest but for now I am happy to just have the molds contained.  


I am fairly certain that the molds have taken over!  This area is right next to my desk.  All of the paperwork stuffed into my wall caddy has been filed.  That was another HUGE task!  I am the household accountant, with it comes lots and lots of paperwork.  Secretly I do enjoy being the Accounting Lady of the Cisneros Clan.  


At the end of the day, I am so very happy to have my little spot in the world.  My Studio is much more than a room, it is a place where I can dream, create and just be myself.  I hope that each and everyone of you reading this has a special place to just "be."







No comments:

Post a Comment