Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Re-orgazing and Re-strategzing

Good morning my friends!

I hope that each and every one of you are doing well and that 2017 is bringing you joy and happiness.  Here in my little world, I have been re-orgazing and re-strategzing. It has been a whirlwind of activity, mostly behid the scenes.

The holidays were so busy that afterward I felt like I needed a vacation just to recuperate.  My body was telling me to take a few days to rest and slow down.  For what felt like forever I closed down the online shop for a week and focused on the store front.  It was a nice break but I sure missed all of my online friends.  It is amazing how some things become so much a part of our lives.  I have made the most awesome friends online.  We chat every day, it is always wonderful to find an email from a friend.

One morning as I was getting ready for a day filled with soapy fun, I peeked outside to the most amazing view!  I really do live in such a beautiful place.  We have had quite a bit of snow this winter, it is all so lovely and cold..did I mention Cold?  One night is was -36 °F..that is NEGATIVE 36!  Whoa!  brrrrrr...

Back to organzing.  I knew that I wanated to start 2017 with a clean slate.  One Monday the family and I came into the shop to clean.  My daughter really was a driving force, together we moved everything out of my small shop.  We gave the walls a good scrubbing along with the floors and all of the shelves. 

 While I always have good intentions regarding re-arranging, truthfully it stresses me out.  Everything in disarray!  Oh my gosh, my little heart can not handle the mess!

Right about here, I was starting to have doubts..why oh why did I do this to myself?  Why didn't I just clean and leave everything the way it was?  


I knew that I needed to have some sort of order if I was to open the shop on that Sunny Tuesday morning.  I came into the shop at 7:30 a.m. work work work..clean clean clean.  I wish I could say that it all happened quickly but it took 3 long days of coming in early and staying late to get the shop in tip top shape!

Boy oh boy!  The results are so worth it!  Shall we have a looksie?  Here on the left is all of my Bath & Beauty products, I have since added Valentine Goodies but it is mostly the same.


To the right of the shop is the yarn.  Lots and lots of yarn!  Now that it is nice and orgaized I can see at a glance what color/s I need to order.  Stocking the shelves with yarn is one of the funnest parts of my job.  


It feels so good to start the New Year in the shop with a clean slate.  :-)  The next thing that I have been working on is Re-Strategizing..now what exactly does that mean?  I have been taking notes as to what products I will continue creating and what products will fall to the wayside.  So far I will continue to make:

Soaps
Novelty Soaps
Bubble Bath
Bath Salts
Sugar Scrubs
Lotion Bars
Goats Milk & Honey Lotion
Foot Scrub/Foot Soak
Bath Fizzies
Lip Balms/Lip Scrubs
All Natural Deodorant
Body Spray
Face Cream
Men's products-Mechanic Scrub, Soaps, Beard Oil, Body Wash

The products that have been discontinued are:
Soy Candles
Soy Tarts
Under Eye Oil
Face Masks
Face Cleanser
Whipped Soap

I would like to focus more on what my fabulous customers want/need.  Downsizing will ensure that I am making exactly what you want.

The Craft Studio has also undergone a make-over!  Stay tuned for details and photo's.  Until next time, wishing you the very best not only today but every day!



No comments:

Post a Comment